FIG, PROSCIUTTO AND RADICCHIO SALAD
- 4 slices sourdough, torn
- 100ml extra virgin olive oil
- 4 figs, halved
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/3 cup (80ml) balsamic vinegar
- 150g mixed salad leaves (mesclun)
- 1 small radicchio, leaves torn
- 8 slices Montecatini Prosciutto, torn
- 150g English stilton or other blue-vein cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 180C. Place the sourdough on a baking paper-lined baking tray and drizzle with 1 tablespoon oil.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes until golden and crisp. Remove from tray and set aside.
- Place figs, skin-side down, on tray, drizzle with honey and half the balsamic. Bake for 6-8 minutes until starting to collapse.
- Whisk remaining 1/3 cup (80ml) oil, 2 tablespoons balsamic and fig cooking juices in a bowl. Season. Transfer to a bowl with the leaves, prosciutto, cheese and croutons.
- Toss to combine. Arrange on a platter and garnish with baked figs to serve.