If the smell of the factory makes you reminisce about Nonno's garage, then you know you are at the right place.
Our mini deli is open from 8am-3pm Mon-Fri and 9am-12pm on Saturdays
Stay in the loop
To be the first to know about any VIP specials we are offering on our premium products, simply join our mailing list.
Fig, prosciutto and radicchio salad (serves 6)
Pesto and crispy salami pasta
PESTO AND CRISPY SALAMI PASTAServes 4 [ingredients] Ingredients
- 375g orecchiette pasta (see notes)
- 75g baby spinach, shredded
- 80g Montecatini Salami slices, halved, cut into slices
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 100g fetta, crumbled
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large brown onion, thinly sliced
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium red capsicum, cut into 1cm thick strips
- 1 medium yellow capsicum, cut into 1cm thick strips
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 3 ripe roma tomatoes, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Make peperonata: Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium-low heat. Add onion and salt. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes or until onion has softened, but not browned.
- Add capsicum and garlic to pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until capsicum is tender. Add tomato. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 12 to 15 minutes or until tomato softens and becomes pulpy. Stir in vinegar. Remove from heat. Set aside to cool.
- Cook pasta following packet directions. Drain. Return to pan. Add spinach. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Meanwhile, heat a medium non-stick frying pan over high heat. Cook the salami, stirring, for 4 to 5 minutes or until crisp. Drain on paper towel.
- Add the peperonata to pan. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until warm. Add to the pasta with the salami and 1/4 cup of the basil pesto. Toss gently to combine. Serve the pasta sprinkled with the fetta and dolloped with the remaining basil pesto.